The B3000+ Social Enterprise Award 2020
The Business 3000+ Awards are open to businesses that:
- Have an head office, branch, office or outlet within the City of Melbourne municipality
- Are a business with no more than 30 full-time employees or part-time equivalent
- Qualify to enter one or more of the Awards categories
- Are current members of the Melbourne Business Network at the time of submission. This can be either membership by an individual representative of the business, or business membership.
Each entry should be concise and respond clearly to the entry requirements and the Judging Criteria.
The online submission should comprise of the following materials written or attached:
- Nomination Form (online) including contact details
- Brief company overview for promotional purposes (max 200 words)
- Company logo in jpeg format for promotional purposes
- Your written response to the Judging Criteria
- Links (URLs) and images can also be included to support your application.
- Dot points are acceptable
- Use word limits as a guideline
- Postal copies are not accepted – all entries are online
Create a Word or PDF document which addresses the following judging criteria.
We recommended an average of 200 words for each of the 8 criteria areas.
- Company Overview:
Briefly describe your organisation and the product or service you offer. Background and a succinct overview of the product or service offering.
- Unique Selling Proposition / Competitive advantage:
What is unique about your offering? What makes people purchase / use your organisation’s product or service over another?
- Target Market:
Who are your customers and where do they come from?
Outline any characteristic that distinguishes your target market from others, eg. where they live or work, age-group, business sector, buying behaviour etc. You may include figures or market research to demonstrate.
- Distribution Channels:
How do you sell or distribute your organisation’s product or service? This could be one or a combination of: direct via shop front or office, via third party re-sellers, online, etc. Any analysis you can provide around this will help.
- Growth Projection:
What are your growth projections for the next 1 – 3 years? Please explain the basis on which these assumptions are made. These may include current & projected annual turnover, market share, staff numbers, increased / differentiated offering.
- Promotional Strategy:
How do you promote your organisation’s product or service? How do your customers know about your product offering?
- Your Business Story:
Understanding that pro-forma questions don’t always give you the opportunity to represent your business and its unique offering in the way you’d always like, please take this opportunity to provide us with more information. This could be a ‘case study; story from a client / partner / supplier; vignette of your experiences / journey; or an example of how or where your business has made a difference to someone, somehow, somewhere.
- Specific Social Enterprise Award Criteria:
Outline the social responsibility initiative(s) that your organisation has implemented and explain how these have benefited others (200 words)
Attach your Word or PDF document to the online nomination form: https://www.jotform.com/MelbBusNetwork/Awards2020
Awards Enquiries: email@example.com
An independent panel will be announced in 2020 as assessors of the 2020 Business 3000+ Awards winners. The judging panel will review each submission and rate according to the Eligibility and Criteria. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.