The B3000 “Blue Rock Business of the Year Award” will be selected from:
1. INNOVATION AWARD SUPPORTED BY ALAN KNIPE STARNET
This Award is open to businesses that have developed an invention or initiative that has resulted in the creation of a unique or new product, service, system, device or process.
2. NEW BUSINESS AWARD SUPPORTED BY VCSO
This Award is open to businesses that have been operating for over 12 months but less than 3 full financial years and is proving to be a success. This could include, but is not limited to, growth in turnover, market share, employee numbers and / or customers; business expansion; new product development; repayment of loans etc.
3. INTERNATIONAL AWARD SUPPORTED BY CHIN COMMUNICATIONS
This Award is open to businesses that have developed a strong reputation in the international marketplace. This could be through exporting a product or intellectual property, partnerships with international organisations, or attracting international clientele to their City of Melbourne based business.
4. SOCIAL ENTERPRISE AWARD SUPPORTED BY RACV CLUB
This Award is open to businesses that can demonstrate an initiative, campaign or project that has resulted in community or social benefit. The business needs to have been operating for a minimum of 12 months and provide proof that they are classified as a social enterprise.
Social enterprise is defined as an organisation that applies commercial strategies to maximise improvements in human and environmental wellbeing, rather than maximising profits for external shareholders. Social enterprises can be structured as a for-profit or non-profit, and may take the form of a co-operative, mutual organisation, a disregarded entity, a social business, or a charity organisation.
5. SUSTAINABILITY AWARD SUPPORTED BY MORAL FAIRGROUND
This Award is open to businesses that have implemented practices, processes, facilities or new ways of doing business that contribute to a sustainable environment.
6. FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR AWARD SUPPORTED BY SMALL BUSINESS VICTORIA
Female entrepreneurs are positive role models for women and youth, and play an important role in reaching out to the community. The Female Entrepreneur Award recognises outstanding achievement by women entrepreneurs that:
- Best exemplify effective leadership, innovation, business growth and sustainability
- Demonstrate cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Demonstrate a commitment to enhancing the well-being of the larger community.